Last night I finished off my shawl and got down to blocking it, which took ages and a lot of crawling around on the floor! In fact it took me so long, I didn’t have time to check out everyone’s WIP Wednesdays, until I went to bed and checked them out on my phone (which means I couldn’t post on any of the blogger ones, sorry!).
The pink is my yoga mat, but it was too thin by itself and the pins wouldn’t go into the floor at all, so there’s three towels underneath it, which helps a lot. It also wasn’t quite wide enough, so I have a tea towel under there to raise up the height of the towels to the same as the mat. I pinned the whole thing out, which turned out to be a mistake. Then I soaked it with a spray bottle (and considered whether a watering can would have been better) and then I discovered it was stretching a lot more so I unpinned it, stretched it out more, and pinned it again. All in all, I’m pretty happy with it. Next time, I think I’ll just soak whatever I’m blocking in the sink and then pin it out, but for the first time I thought it might be easier to block it out dry (and I was wrong). Hopefully by the time I get home from work it’ll all be dry, it was halfway there this morning I think. My husband can’t have a shower until it’s dry, because his towel’s underneath it too!
- yarnberry posted this